GENERAL TIPS FOR ALL AUDITIONS
We can't guarantee that you will ace your auditions, but following these general tips for all performers - actors, dancers, singers - will prepare you and help make your acting audition a success.
- Always know the part or role you are auditioning for. Make sure you have the characteristics and talents required for the role.
- Arrive thirty minutes prior to the audition time; this will give you time to check-in, warm up, and check out your competition.
- Bring at least 2 photos and resumes. Professional headshots and acting portfolios are a plus. Photos should reflect your current physical likeness and should always be updated!
- DO NOT chew gum (all directors hate it). It makes it harder to understand when you are speaking or role playing.
- When attending callbacks, always wear the same attire you wore at the first audition. Try to do everything as you did the first time because it worked!
- Be confident, smile, always have a positive attitude.
- Act excited about everything you are asked to do.
AUDITION TIPS FOR ACTORS/IMPROVISATION
- Be prepared for improvisation.
- Different voice tones and accents are a plus.
- Prepare a dramatic and comedic monologue no more than two minutes in length.
- Please ask and note if the auditions are going to provide sides.
AUDITION TIPS FOR SINGERS
- Bring two selections of sheet music in legible condition; one up-tempo and one ballad.
- Be prepared to sing the best 16 bars.
- Know your vocal range.
- Your sheet music should have full musical notation in the key in which you will perform.
- Always dress appropriately, especially if the audition requires movement in a dance routine.
DANCE AUDITION TIPS
As dance movies, dance TV shows, and dance competitions are becoming more and more popular, the demand for dancers in the entertainment industry is at its highest. Before heading out to those dance auditions, dancers should get all the advice they can get. Being as prepared as you can be will help any dancer do their best at those dance auditions. Read more >
Search Auditions | Submit Auditions